October 21, 2007

Precious Keepsake

When i was born, granny bought me a gold neckless. For the chinese especially, gold signifies one’s wealth and purchasing power. I didn't get to see it, not to mention wearing it until much later after she died. Mum gave it back to me as she know i'm old enough to keepsake it. Today, just like silver bars, gold value has increase two if not three folds over the years.

That neckless granny gave to me would be a good return on investment if i were to sell it. But no. I'm never goin to even consider it. This is the only keepsake i have from my granny and it holds a fond memory i have for my granny. I'm going to keep it for as long as i have to, maybe passing it on the my children when i'm old and cold.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More