June 18, 2008

Jumping into the blogging bandwagon

To many others, reading a blog is all about taking a peek in someone else's life. A friend told me that after he read my blog, he basically know half my life, like for real. And as freaky as it sounds, it makes me realised that I might had shared too much about my personal life, especially my baby's growing up. But then, he convinced me that there's nothing much I need to worry. Say, a stalker who religiously reads my blog, who is eyeing on us for God knows what reason, there's only thing part of my life that he knows, like what I love to do on a Saturday, or what high heels I bought or what word my son learned to speak at 11 mths. I don't go declaring that I'll be off to THE shopping centre, just in case he might stalk me there. I'm sure I don't go telling the world where I live, my home address or my mobile number. For that, I'm quite sure I'm safe.
So, the other night, my sister asked me whether I can really do make money blogging, and how much on average a lazy blogger like me earn a month. Honestly, there's a lot to consider before you jump into the blogging bandwagon, that is IF you already have a 9-5 job with a good slice of the pie. Blogging is nothing like a job, one day you might find yourself flooded with a dozen of reviews to write, but you also have to deal with the dry spell. Aha, no blogger can guarantee you that you'll be getting a 3 digit send to your paypal account every month. But unless, if you're a stay-at-home mom like me, blogging is definitely a way to earn extra pocket money, a little more spending power. Eh, I like.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More