August 20, 2008

Alzheimer's Memory Walk

Many times and on many occasion, I missed the chance of telling my mom how grateful I am to have such a mother like her. The truth is, we children sometimes feel that it's awkward to show our affection to our parents. So we rather keep the feeling to ourselves and hopefully they'll figure out a way to read our mind.

But after seeing my hubby's aunt suffers from
Alzheimer, it makes me realized life is too short to leave things for tomorrow. What if I never get the chance ever again? What if I lose my mom one day to Alzheimer. I mean she might still be around psychically, but what if she no longer recognise me, and I'm not even the person she turns to because she totally forgot who I am to her. A baby girl she once so gently cares for, the little girl she taught how to walk, the teenage girl she screamed at because she brought home bad grades, or the happiest grin she had on her face when she first carried my little son-her grandson on her arm?

Come on, join us hand in hand,
move us closer to a world without Alzheimer's. Together let's support the Alzheimer's Memory Walk, the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer care, support and research. Do not let Alzheimer's take away your loved ones, not now not ever.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More