November 3, 2008

What are you?

I just found out that there's this term called millennials. Sounds like a combo of millenium and aliens to me. LOL.

Who are 'millennials'?

"Millennials" is one term sociologists use to designate those youths raised in the sensory-inundated environment of digital technology and mass media at the millennium. Unlike Gen X, which referred generally to people born in the 1960s and 1970s, this generation has yet to carry a name popularized by mainstream culture. Also known as "Echo Boomers," as the children of Baby Boomers, millennials were born from the 1980s on.























Are you one millenials? I thought so I am. Nowadays, people are coming up with all sorts of terms to make English more difficult to catch up. Is spicing up English all that necessary? I know baby boomers, but what's with the Echo boomers and helicopter parents? Really, that many terms! Go figure..

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More