September 12, 2008

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever shared with your mom?

When I was younger and single, I never ever tell or ask my mom anything about sex education, female reproductive organs or anything of that kind. I find it so embarrassing to even bring the topic up. But now that I'm a mother, I find it much easier to 'consult' my mom about these sensitive topics. Not that I have Genital Tract Chlamydia Infection, but when my vagina itches so badly even after I consulted my gynae, I called my mom and asked about her opinion. She lets me know that it's totally normal for women to sometimes get vaginal infection and that I need to go back to my gynae to get it checked. For the new few days, she called everyday asking if I'm feeling better. She's such a great mom.

Normally, what I'll do is to search on the Internet for more information regarding what I'm going through, in this case, vagina itching. Sites like Epocrates Online has a huge drug reference database on drugs and diseases to help people identify their problem. Not only that, used by over 500,000 healthcare and professional, this site offers the most comprehensive diagnose and assist clinician in prescribing drugs to their patient. You bet they're good.

“This announcement was paid for by Epocrates.”

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More